Meat & Egg Prata Pie
By Tommy Chia
Civil engineer Tommy Chia uses readily-available ingredients like the roti prata (Indian flat bread), egg and corned beef and assembles them as tasty pies!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
A: Prata base
6 ramekin dishes (11 cm x 3 cm deep)
6 pieces frozen 15cm-roti prata
1 jar 340g store-bought pasta tomato sauce (plain or with herbs)
½ can 350g corned beef
6 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
Ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius.
2. Heat up a fry pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Fry the frozen prata piece by piece in the heated fry pan till slightly brown on both sides. Set semi-cooked prata aside on a large plate.
3. Brush the base and sides of the ramekin using a pastry brush with a thin coating of oil.
4. Press each piece of prata firmly into the base and sides of a lightly oiled ramekin. Repeat with the remaining five pieces of prata.
5. Using a slotted spoon, spread two tablespoons of tomato sauce over the prata base. Spoon one heaped tablespoon of corned beef filling into the ramekin.
6. Crack one egg over the filling. Repeat until the eggs are used up.
7. Sprinkle one tablespoon of grated cheese over each egg. Next, sprinkle with ground pepper and salt if used. Place the filled ramekins onto an oven tray.
8. Place the tray into the pre-heated oven. Bake for 10 minutes until is cooked or until the cheese is melted.
Apart from corned beef, substitute with chopped sausages, bacon, luncheon meat, chicken/pork ham. Alternatively, opt for canned tuna or salmon if seafood is preferred.
You might also want to read:
Oatmeal Breakfast Porridge — Whip It UP!
Whole Snapper In Kecap Manis — Whip It UP!
If you have a simple recipe you would like to share, do email it to firstname.lastname@example.org