Wok-Fried Beef Tenderloin
With Sliced Garlic In Black Pepper Sauce
By Executive Chef Leong Chee Yeng, Jade Restaurant, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Cooking time: 15 minutes
800g beef tenderloin (diced)
2½ teaspoon Maggi seasoning
½ teaspoon cornstarch
100g garlic (sliced)
200g eggplant (diced)
30g garlic (minced)
30g shallots (minced)
30g black pepper (crushed)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
5g chicken powder
100g onion (diced)
100g yellow pepper (diced)
50g spring onion (roughly chopped)
10ml vegetable oil
20ml Hua Tiao wine
10g potato starch
1. Season the beef tenderloin with A. (2 teaspoon of Maggi seasoning and ½ teaspoon corn starch) for 30minutes.
2. Add oil to a heated wok and deep fry B. (sliced garlic and eggplant) until golden brown.
3. Add the marinated beef tenderloin and sear until medium rare. Remove and set aside.
4. To make black pepper sauce add butter to a heated wok and sauté C. (minced garlic and shallots) until fragrant. Add D. (crushed black pepper, oyster sauce, chicken powder), remaining Maggi seasoning, and water.
5. Add reserved beef tenderloin and E. (onions, yellow pepper and spring onions) in black pepper sauce.
6. Thicken the sauce with potato starch water.
7. Finally stir in Hua Tiao wine before plating.