By Chef Dominik Oesterreicher, Brez’n
500g beef shin, cut into small cubes
1 tablespoon of paprika
200ml organic beef stock
1.3 litres organic beef stock
200g potatoes (peeled and diced)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream [Optional]
250g onions (sliced)
2 cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed)
1 green pepper (diced)
A few sprigs of fresh marjoram (finely chopped)
½ tablespoon of caraway seeds
Red wine vinegar
2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon of tomato purée
1. Add a good splash of oil to a large pan and gently sauté A (onions, garlic and pepper) until softened.
2. Add the beef and continue to cook until the meat is browned and the vegetables are cooked.
3. Stir in the paprika and cook for 2 more minutes, then add 200ml of the beef stock. Bring to the boil and cook until reduced by half.
4. Add B (marjoram, caraway seeds, a splash of vinegar, tomatoes, tomato purée) and season well.
5. Add enough stock to cover and simmer until the meat and vegetables are tender, about 1½ to 2 hours.
6. Add the potatoes, plus any remaining stock and a little water if it looks too dry, and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
7. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if you like.
You might also want to read:
9 Biryani Hot Spots – Top Three
If you have a simple recipe you would like to share, do email it to email@example.com